Try some English paper piecing to make this sweet little table mat. Just 8″ in diameter it makes up quick with fabrics from your stash!
The petals in this Dresden Plate are so sweetly curved and so feminine. I think it is such a happy little piece and it made me think of a friend’s very sweet mom who was named Jane….hence the name. The finished table mat is perfect to tuck in so many places. I think it would make a sweet gift with a pretty teacup and some favorite tea. It works up quickly and is a great use of fabrics from your stash!
- 4” x 8” each of four 100% cotton fabrics for “petals”
- 3” square 100% cotton fabric for center of flower
- 8” square 100% wool
- 8” square 100% cotton fabric for backing
- 8” square Fusible Web
- 2” Rounded Dresden English Paper Pieces from Sue Daly Designs
- Fabric glue stick
- Liquid fabric glue (such as Roxanne’s Glue Baste It)
- #8 pearl cotton to match wool
- #7 embroidery needle
- Sharp, pointed fabric scissors (such as Karen Kay Buckley’s Perfect Scissors)