These two embroidered blocks are part 4 of a series of blocks that can be used alone or as part of a quilt that will have a total of 25 blocks. Embroidering scripture is a great way to commit it to memory. Each block works up quickly and can be saved for the full quilt or used alone as a reminder of God’s promises.
Supplies needed for these two blocks: (The full materials list for the quilt can be found on my blog.)
- 8 1/2” square of two background fabrics (the photo below shows the contrast between my two fabrics). **Please Note: I cut the fabric to the exact size needed for the quilt. I do not cut my background fabric larger then trim it down after stitching. If you are used to working with a larger piece of fabric and prefer to trim it then you will need to cut your fabric larger.**
- Light box and micron Pigma pen in brown or grey
- DMC floss (this is the list of colors I used but I encourage you to choose colors to match your fabrics if you are stitching along and making the quilt): 224, 522, 902, 3022
- #7 embroidery needle
- Small embroidery scissors
- Iron and pressing surface